Thursday, March 09, 2006

Time to Retreat


I turned to the scripture a few minutes ago and my eye was drawn to a verse that I'll share with you. It's Psalm 42:5, "Why am I discouraged? Why so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise him again -- my Savior and my God!" (from the New Living Translation)

I'm printing booklets of worship songs for our Africa Region Retreat that starts tomorrow while typing this note to you. Lucas is watching a DVD that a partner mailed us this week, and Luiza has just gone to bed. Ju is in the kitchen getting snacks ready for our 4-5 hour drive to the coast where the retreat will be held.

Today I've gotten some encouraging notes by email from some wonderful people caring for us in response to the need to pray for Lucas. He is in his 2nd day of treatment for malaria. It's so good and it's God, that he is recovering so quickly. It's painful to see him in pain. I've had it a number of times since we arrived 7 months ago, as have all of us. You're prayers are so needed, as our Father hears us when we pray.

Thank you for caring for us!
Andrew

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger