Thursday, April 13, 2006

Juliana Working at Government Hopsital

In just a few minutes I will leave this internet 'cafe' where I am writing now to go pick Juliana up at the gate of Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) in Kumasi where she is wrapping up here first week of work.

Yesterday on the phone with her mother she described the hospital as 10 time busier and 10 times poorer than the government hospital for the poor in her home town of Belo Horizonte, Brazil (pop. 6 million).

Today she was to work in the pediatric emergency room and I'm looking forward to hearing all about it when I pick her up.

It's so good to see the joy and passion in her as she told me of how she 'loved on and prayed' for babies much of the day yesterday.

“Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, preaching the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.” Matt 9:35-38

It's not easy being here working as we adjust to the differences; weather, culture, behavior, language, church, etc.

Thank you for your prayers!

1 Comments:

  • At Thursday, April 20, 2006 7:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey guys - Sounds like you are really working hard and having to deal with a lot of tough situations. I think about you daily and the sacrifices you make.

    Greg

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger